The Local Restrictions Support Grant (LRSG (Closed) Addendum) supports businesses that have been required to close due to the national restrictions between 5 November and 2 December 2020.
Businesses that were open as usual, but were then required to close between 5 November and 2 December 2020 due to the national restrictions imposed by government may be eligible for LRSG (Closed) Addendum.
Eligible businesses may be entitled to a cash grant from their local council for each 28 day period under national restrictions.
Your business may be eligible if it:
• is based in England
• occupies property on which it pays business rates (and is the ratepayer)
• has been required to close because of the national restrictions from 5 November to 2 December 2020
• has been unable to provide its usual in-person customer service from its premises
For example, this could include non-essential retail, leisure, personal care, sports facilities and hospitality businesses. It could also include businesses that operate primarily as an in-person venue, but which have been forced to close those services and provide a takeaway-only service instead.
Eligible businesses can get one grant for each non-domestic property.
Businesses excluded from the fund
You cannot get funding it:
• you can continue to operate during the period of restrictions because you do not depend on providing direct in-person services from your premises (for example accountants)
• you have chosen to close, but have not been required to close as part of national restrictions
You must notify your local council if your situation changes and you no longer meet the eligibility criteria.
What you get
The grant will be based on the rateable value of the property on the first full day of restrictions. If your business has a property with a rateable value of £15,000 or less, you may be eligible for a cash grant of £1,334 for each 28-day qualifying restrictions period.
If your business has a property with a rateable value over £15,000 and less than £51,000, you may be eligible for a cash grant of £2,000 for each 28-day qualifying restrictions period.
If your business has a property with a rateable value of £51,000 or above, you may be eligible for a cash grant of £3,000 for each 28-day qualifying restrictions period.
How to apply
Visit your local council’s website to find out how to apply: Find the website for your local council.